Pinot Nero Doc Breganze Superiore Savardo

Pinot Nero Doc Breganze Superiore SavardoClassification: Pinot Nero Breganze DOC – Savardo
Location of Vineyards: villages of Santo Stefano Breganze and Fortelongo Fara Vicentino
Soil type and exposure:  volcanic soils on hillsides with south, south-east and south-westerly exposure
Grape variety: 100% Pinot Nero
Age of vineyards: over 10 years old
Training systems: Guyot, cordon spur
Planting density: 2.5 x 1-1.2 m – 3,300-4,000 vines /ha
Yields: 9 tonnes/ha
Harvesting method: by hand in 15 kg crates
Bottles produced: 12,000 x 750 ml
Vinification: fermentation in 10,000 kg  vats – crust broken up 5 times a day-8 days’ maceration
Maturation: 60% of the product in 20 hl French oak barrels, half of which are new and the remaining 40% in stainless steel tanks
Colour: medium-deep ruby red
Nose: elegantly refined and fruity, with hints of spice
Palate: balanced, dry and full-bodied, good structure
Alcohol content: 13% vol
Serving temperature: 18 °C

Download Data Sheet (pdf)